Female athletes interested in performance have their choice of road bikes, time trial bikes and mountain bikes specifically designed for women. Depending on the intended use, components and budget, sport-specific bikes can range from $300 to custom bikes in the tens of thousands. Women interested in casual, non-competitive riding also have many options to choose from. There are plenty of hybrids and comfort cruiser bikes for women to choose from. Now that bike-commuting has become popular, city bikes for women are also becoming more common.
There is no one “best” bike for women – it depends on the type of riding she will be doing, her fitness level, and her budget. Some bikes have the capability of being multi-sport bikes (for road, mountain and city riding), and some are very specialized (such as time trial bikes). If the cyclist has the budget for only one bike, it should be a bike that “does it all”. Hybrid and city bikes are probably the best for all-around use Bike Rental Dehradun. Although they are heavier than road bikes and not nearly as aerodynamic, they are comfortable and can be light enough to ride long distances. Some hybrids are quite heavy and designed only for bike path use; however, city bikes (which are a more road-worthy cousin of hybrids) are more and more present on century rides (100 mile rides) because of their comfort. Hybrids and city bikes are not designed for aggressive trail use, but can easily handle gravel roads or gentle hiking trails if the tires are switched out to knobby cyclo-cross tires for better traction.
Comfort bikes for women are popular with cyclists looking to cruise the bike path or ride around the neighborhood. They are strictly for fun – they are not nimble climbers on the hills, nor maneuverable and responsive as road and mountain bikes, but for a fun, gentle ride that does not blow the budget, they are great.
Biking is pursued by many people for different reasons. Some bike for the pleasure of it. Some bike for health and fitness benefits. Some bike for competitive reasons. Others simply bike just for the relaxation it offers them.
The different reasons tell us that bikers have varied personalities. This variety is manifested in the physical appearance of their bikes; it can also be seen in the accessories attached to their bikes. Just as people express their inner selves through clothing and accessories, bikers also show their biking personality through the gadgets that they purchase and use.
The “best bike gadget” can be considered a relative term. The best for one biker may not be as important to another. The following list will focus on the different “best gadgets” for the bikers out there.
1. Hokey Spokes. This gadget is something for the artistic and flamboyant bikers. Hokey spokes are actually blades that can be attached to the spokes of the bike’s wheels. A computer mounted on the bike is programmed to display different texts and colors when the biker starts pedaling. Hokey spokes can create a wonderful transformation to your bike by adding some attractive light combinations to it.
2. Atech Detachable Bike GPS. For the adventurous biker, knowing where one is going is really helpful. This device can show the biker his or her global position within 32 feet. The detachable GPS can also measure the altitude of the current terrain.
3. Folding Electric Bicycle. This gadget is an entire bike. This is perfect for those who are pleasure bikers; those who enjoy riding for the scenery and beauty of the surroundings. It has an assist mode that can help during those steep uphill bike rides. The bike has an AC charger and can be folded for easier transportation.
4. Pinhead Bubble Lock. This is perfect for all the bikers. This gadget is an all-in-one set: it locks the different parts of the bike while using just one key. The locking key can also be used as a bottle cap opener. Locking your bike comes stylish with the pinhead bubble lock.
5. VDO A4+. This device is a simple computer that can count the miles traveled and monitor the biker’s speed. If you bike for the sake of burning down calories, then this is a must-have gadget.
6. Assos SS.Lady Jerseys. Specifically cut and designed for women, it has a wide array of colors (seven) that can appeal to the different lady bikers out there. It also has kangaroo pockets and an MP3 pocket.